So some good news first! I will be able to post much more now as I don’t have to revise anymore… I PASSED MY EXAM! Which means onwards and upwards to the second year 😀
This post is going to be a few different things in one, a MOTD that I did on Thursday, a review on a new lip gloss I got on Thursday and also a sneak preview into my first MUA experience which I’m going to do a whole post about a little later on.
Starting off with the review. My lovely husband got me a lip gloss on Thursday which is the Soap and Glory’s “Sexy Mother Pucker” in the shade “Pink Apricot” (here)
I’m not one for lip glosses but I was super curious about this as it’s made by Soap and Glory as I love their products. The colour is very translucent on the lips and gives a wash of a pinky-peach, If I was to wear this out I would pair it with a lipstick underneath. The swatches below are without any other lip products on.
I found that the product did “plump” my lips as described but not a great deal. The stinging isn’t unpleasant more of a tingling unlike some other products that claim to do the same “plumping” action.
Overall this is a nice lip gloss and I will definitely be trying it out with some other lipsticks underneath in the weeks to come.
The second part of this post is my MOTD, I went for a very glittery-shimmery look compared to my usual matte preference but I decided I wanted something with the wow factor for the day of my exam to make me feel better.
- Foundation – Estee Lauder Doublewear
- Concealer – Mac Pro Longwear
- Powder – Mac Prep and Prime translucent setting powder
- Bronzer – Benefit Perfect 10 and Hoola
- Blush – Clinique Pink Love
- Highlighter – Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay Naked 2, Mac Pigment in Frost, Mac Glitter in Reflects Gold and MUA Pressed Eyeshadow in Oyster.
- Eyeliner – Benefit They’re Real Eyeliner in black and Benefit BadGal Eyeliner in Black
- Mascara – Benefit They’re Real Mascara in Black
- Eyebrows – Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Colour in Light
- Lashes – Red Cherry WSP and Duo Dark Lash Adhesive
- Lips – Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Pink Apricot
I hope you enjoy this makeup look, it’s quite bold for the every day but paired with a nude lip I think it makes it wearable in the day time.
Finally a sneak peek of my first MUA experience, one of my beautiful best friends asked me to do the makeup for her wedding, here’s a quick photo of the blushing bride (*hint* to the colours we used)
I can’t wait to see some more photos of her as I didn’t manage to get any on the day myself as I had a phone malfunction!
Hope you enjoyed this post and you are all having a great weekend.